Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various
undergraduate subjects in engineering and technology. GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven
IITs. The objective of GATE is to identify meritorious and motivated candidates for admission to post graduate
programs in engineering at the national level.
Advantage Of GATE:
- Almost every student after 12th has a dream to pursue engineering in IIT's, but due to lack of exposure or hardwork, they are unable to crack JEE,
so GATE provides you the second chance to realise your dreams. A good GATE score is helpful for getting admission in M.Tech from IITs, IISc, IIITs, NITs and many other renowned institutions
M.Tech qualification will add a value to education and will definitely have benefit in the long run. At some point where all other competitors have same technical skills you will be given preference over others because of qualification.
The most important advantage is that you will get more insight into the subjects, as this time you are mature enough to understand the subjects. Another advantage is that you will have good friends who are similar to you and trying hard to move ahead in life. If your institute is good you will see all of them in high positions in future, their contacts may be good enough for you to start new projects and its help in many
- Now a days companies are more inclined towards M.tech students during placements. More jobs in R&D departments generally offered to GATE qualified candidates as compared to BE/B.Tech students
- M.Tech Degree also provides opportunity for those who wishing to apply for faculty in top educational universities ( like: Indus University, Sharda university, Amity University, Lovely university, Arni University etc. ). These top educational universities are offering Astt. Professor designation to their candidates with highly paid packages
- Better opportunities for pursuing Ph.d, your masters from top IIT's will open the paths to pursue research in the world's best universities with proper financial aid
- Many PSUs like Power Grid, Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum, CEL, COAL, ONGC, HPCL, NTPC, NHPC, BBNL, BARC, NBCC, BSNL, BHEL etc consider GATE score.
Public Sector undertaking (PSU) is a government owned corporation or a company in which central or state Government have more than 51% share.
- GATE qualification is also a minimum requirement to apply for various fellowships awarded by many government organizations like DRDO, BARC, ISRO etc.
- GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR laboratories and CSIR sponsored projects.
- Focused GATE preparation also helps in other prestigious PSU recruitment examinations
- The top rated universities offer highly paid packages to the GATE qualified students too. It is an opportunity for candidate to get 200% placement during their academic years
- Helps in better preparation for B.Tech semesters
- Brushing up technical skills for campus recruitment
- Engineering Mathematics
- Discrete Mathematics: Propositional and first order logic. Sets, relations, functions, partial orders and lattices. Groups. Graphs: connectivity, matching, coloring. Combinatorics: counting, recurrence relations,generating functions.
- Linear Algebra: Matrices, determinants, system of linear equations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, LU decomposition.
- Calculus: Limits, continuity and differentiability. Maxima and minima. Mean value theorem. Integration.
- Probability: Random variables. Uniform, normal, exponential, poisson and binomial distributions. Mean, median, mode and standard deviation. Conditional probability and Bayes theorem.
- Digital Logic: Boolean algebra, Combinational and sequential circuits. Minimization. Number representations and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).
- Computer Organization and Architecture: Machine instructions and addressing modes. ALU, data-path and control unit. Instruction pipelining. Memory hierarchy: cache, main memory and secondary storage; I/O interface (interrupt and DMA mode).
- Programming and Data Structures: Programming in C. Recursion. Arrays, stacks, queues, linked lists, trees, binary search trees, binary heaps, graphs.
- Algorithms: Searching, sorting, hashing. Asymptotic worst case time and space complexity. Algorithm design techniques: greedy, dynamic programming and divide-and-conquer. Graph search, minimum spanning trees, shortest paths.
- Theory of Computation: Regular expressions and finite automata. Context-free grammars and push-down automata. Regular and contex-free languages, pumping lemma. Turing machines and undecidability.
- Compiler Design: Lexical analysis, parsing, syntax-directed translation. Runtime environments. Intermediate code generation.
- Operating System: Processes, threads, inter-process communication, concurrency and synchronization. Deadlock. CPU scheduling. Memory management and virtual memory. File systems.
- Databases: ER-model. Relational model: relational algebra, tuple calculus, SQL. Integrity constraints, normal forms. File organization, indexing (e.g., B and B+ trees). Transactions and concurrency control.
- Computer Networks: Concept of layering. LAN technologies (Ethernet). Flow and error control techniques, switching. IPv4/IPv6, routers and routing algorithms (distance vector, link state). TCP/UDP and sockets, congestion control. Application layer protocols (DNS, SMTP, POP, FTP, HTTP). Basics of Wi-Fi. Network security: authentication, basics of public key and private key cryptography, digital signatures and certificates, firewalls.
- General Aptitude
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical Ability
- GATE Eligibility: B.Tech (C.S, I.T), M.Sc., MCA students who are
currently in the last year or already completed.
- Paper Pattern: The GATE examination consists of a single paper of 3-hour duration that contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks.
The question paper will consist of both multiple choice questions (MCQ) and numerical answer type questions
- Important Dates:
- Application available/ submission from September 1st - October 1st
- Availability of admit card will be after Decemeber 15
- GATE online examination tentative dates Jan 30 to Feb 21
- Announcement of results on website after March 15
- How To Apply:
At Arsal Software, we are committed to trained you to get best reputed institute for your higher education by providing all available resources
and experience faculty who are expert in their domain. We are becoming more better and move forward day by day
because of students faith and trust on us.
The way is difficult, but if the approach is targeted, positive results are ensured, so if you are enthusiastic and ambitious
come and join hand with us for the journey of success. We are hoping of a bright and highly successful future ahead for all of you.
- Mon-Fri, Two hours daily OR Sat-Sun, Five hours daily
- Rs. 22000/- (Twenty Two Thousand Only)